If you're using Facebook with more than a couple of pages, you might have been affected by a bug in mimoLive which prevented you from logging in because the login button was outside the visible area of the login window. This has been fixed by moving the login process entirely to the external browser.
"In today’s world, volume of content is very important," say May and Tal Mor, the producers of MayMor.tv. mimoLive saves them all the hassle of post production, enabling them to create a large amount of quality long video content very easily: „I simply edit our show on-the-fly during the live broadcast. By the end of the broadcast we have a high quality and edited video ready to be uploaded to social media, " Tal explains. The Mors value mimoLive's cool features, giving them a lot of possibilities to be creative and to design their own beautiful graphic package for the show. mimoLive's built-in support for right-to-left script helps them with the Hebrew on-screen information and the News Crawler runs in the correct direction. “It’s incredibly easy & fun to use. We’re very happy we found mimoLive."
First of all, a big thank you to all past, current and future users! Your support means the world to us and seeing what you do with mimoLive keeps us going.
Originally, we were planning to post about every update for mimoLive, but engineering keeps them coming so fast, we can’t keep up.
The past 12 months have seen more than 40 releases of mimoLive, including all the betas. The complete list of new features, enhancements and fixes is about mile long, but here are the highlights:
- New Output Destinations: This allows you to save different file formats, stream to multiple streaming platforms, add auxiliary audio monitors for moderators, operators, studio audience and more.
- Audience Social Media Interaction: To engage your audience in a conversation, add social comments and reactions from Facebook, YouTube or Twitter to your live show. mimoLive™ can even give your audience access to your PTZ camera controls by sending command-comments over Twitter.
- Multiviews: Keep an eye on your sources and control the Switcher layers and NDI® PTZ cameras.
- Instant Replay with Remote Control Surface support.
- Source groups and adjustable main window layout.
- Audio Mixes: Each destination can now have individual audio mixes, for example for multi-language workflows.
- Source Performance Monitor: Find out if your sources perform as desired.
- mimoCall: Added support for H.264 and advanced monitoring to improve connection quality.
- Web Browser Capture source: surf the web comfortably.
- Social Media Source: Get comments, likes, reactions and more from any post your account has access to.
- Levels filter: Quickly adjust the white balance to make camera sources match each other.
- Matte Choker filter: Adjust the alpha channel of video sources.
- New Streaming providers: BoxCast, Periscope, screen9.
- Sport Graphics pack: A set of sources and layers for sports and games with scoring & timing, tournament, team roster, athlete information and more.
Currently, we’re beta testing mimoLive 4.7 which will add:
- Kiosk mode that turns on full screen playout when you open a document
- Pause, play, rewind and fast forward for movie sources in the Placer layer
- Also coming in the next beta is support for RTMPS
We've got big plans for this year. If you look closely, you can find a small teaser for a major new feature coming soon in the screenshot at the top of this post. We'll keep you posted.
NDI® Show Case
Every now and then, we get out of the programming cave and join the real world for some live video production fun. We want to see first hand what the mimoLive user experience is like. This gives us lot of ideas for new features and, sometimes, an incentive to fix things that aren’t that great. Our latest adventure was recording the presentations at Codebeam Lite conference in Munich with a 100% digital NDI® based setup. Get a complete equipment list and learn more about the setup…
If you are using Mouseposé, the app that draws attention to your mouse pointer for presentations and screencasts, you will have noticed that launching it under macOS 10.13. or 10.14. gets you a notice from Apple that the developer should update the app to ensure future compatibility. We got the same note and we've done it! A complete rewrite in the new standard language for Apple platforms, Swift. It now also works in full screen mode and with Pages and PowerPoint. Now it's time to give it a thorough shake and iron out the last creases and you can help us do so:
Once Mouseposé is ready for prime time, the license will be available at $9.99 per year. For the early birds who like to save some money, during the beta phase (which will not be terribly long, so get it now!) it will be only $7.99 per year.